The Philippines also suffers major human-caused environmental degradation aggravated by a high annual population growth rate, including loss of agricultural lands, deforestation, soil erosion, air and water pollution, improper disposal of solid and toxic wastes, loss of coral reefs, mismanagement and abuse of coastal …
What are the several issues in the Philippines?
- the intensifying competition from globalization and regional integration;
- natural disasters, environmental degradation and climate change;
- and persistent poverty and increasing inequality.
What are the 5 issues in the Philippines?
- Water pollution.
- Air pollution.
- Illegal fishing. 4.1 General. 4.2 Dynamite fishing.
- Climate change.
- Environmentalism. 6.1 Anti-nuclear movement. 6.2 Threats to environmentalists.
- Government policy. 7.1 Environmental protection. 7.2 Sustainable development.
- See also.
What are the top 10 social issues?
Top Ten Social Issues
- Youth Alcohol Usage:
- Basic Needs:
- Homeless Population:
What are the top social issues in the Philippines?
Poverty, lack of education, drug or substance abuse, vice, crime and unemployment are among the many problems that continue to batter them. Likewis:e, recent issues on the rising number of street children in urban centers, child abuse, forced-labor and pedophilia are quite alarming, aggravating the plight of the youth.
What are the social issues in Philippine history?
The most common social issues portrayed in the selected short stories are graft and corruption, poverty, prostitution, dishonesty, rebellion, oppression of the poor, racial discrimination, concubinage, and suppression of the freedom of the press.
What are the common human rights issues in the Philippines?
Human rights issues included unlawful or arbitrary killings by security forces, vigilantes, and others allegedly connected to the government, and by insurgents; forced disappearance; torture; arbitrary detention; harsh and life-threatening prison conditions; political prisoners; arbitrary or unlawful interference with …
What are 5 social issues?
Common Examples of Social Issues
- Poverty and Homelessness. Poverty and homelessness are worldwide problems. …
- Climate Change. A warmer, changing climate is a threat to the entire world. …
- Overpopulation. …
- Immigration Stresses. …
- Civil Rights and Racial Discrimination. …
- Gender Inequality. …
- Health Care Availability. …
- Childhood Obesity.
What are the issues problems in the Philippine local history?
One of the major problems in the writing of Philippine history stems from inadequate knowledge of historical conditions in the rural Philippines. The problem is further complicated by a tendency to treat society as a monolithic structure susceptible to outside influence and change at a uniform rate.