Does Laos have a US embassy?
Message to U.S. Citizens: U.S. Embassy Vientiane, Laos
Location: Laos Event: U.S. citizens may directly return to the United States with certain expired U.S. passports.
Is Laos issuing visas?
Laos has resumed routine visa service. However, before scheduling a visa appointment, all Lao citizens and nationals applying in Laos should read further information regarding discontinuation of visa issuance to Lao nationals here (PDF 174 KB).
How do I contact US Embassy for visa status?
To check on the status of your U.S. Visa application:
- United States: Contact the National Visa Center (NVC) at 1-603-334-0700 for immigrant visas. For nonimmigrant visas, call 1-603-334-0888. …
- Abroad: Contact the U.S. Embassy or consulate where you filed your application.
How much does Laos visa cost?
What is the cost to obtain a Laos Tourist eVisa? The cost ranges from USD 46.58 to USD 65.21 depending on your nationality. Please use our visa checker to find out the cost of your nationality. Additionally, there is a service fee of USD 30.00 for standard processing.
Is travel to Laos safe?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. … As tranquil as Laos can seem, petty theft and serious crimes do happen throughout the country – even on seemingly deserted country roads.
How do I get a visa for Laos?
To apply for a Laos Visa at an embassy, you have to:
- Get in touch with the nearest embassy or consulate.
- Complete e Laos visa application form and submit it along with the required documents. You can find a Laos visa application on the website of the embassy or consulate. …
- Pay the Laos visa fee.
Who can enter Laos?
Entry to Laos
- all foreigners must present a Certificate of Entry (issued by the MFA); a completed Health Declaration form; and a ‘Fit to Fly’ Certificate issued no more than 72 hours prior to travel. …
- all arrivals will be subject to a COVID-19 test at their own expense.
Can Tourists enter Laos?
Usually, Laos is accessible to most travelers, and it is a safe place for tourists. … Only a few foreign nationals can enter Laos visa-free for up to 14 or 15 days. Visitors who wish to stay for longer than this must apply for a Laos eVisa to do so. For all other travelers, the eVisa is a mandatory requirement.
Can I retire in Laos?
As Laos has no formal retirement scheme for foreign nationals, life in the country can be somewhat limited by the type of visa that you qualify for. Foreign nationals on all visas are forbidden from purchasing land in Laos, which limits the amount of properties that many foreign retirees can live in.
Can Americans go to Lao?
U.S. citizens should not attempt to enter Laos without valid travel documents or outside of official ports of entry. Travelers should not cross the border between Laos and Thailand along the Mekong River except at official immigration check crossings.