No you don’t need a passport to travel domestic. However the airline would require an official ID (that would be your NRID) to establish your identity before issuing you a boarding pass.
Do we need passport for domestic flights Malaysia?
If you are a foreigner visiting Malaysia, please check travel document requirements at the official portal for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Malaysian adults are required to produce their original identity cards for domestic and passports for all international flights.
Can we travel in domestic flight without passport?
You don’t need a passport to take a domestic flight . All you require is a government issued ID card . A passport is a travel document , usually issued by a country ‘s government , that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel. No, It’s not required.
Can I travel to Langkawi without passport?
You’ll need your new, valid, original passport for the flight. The rule was tightened earlier this year, and foreigners are required to have their passports even when travelling on domestic flights. You can travel by bus/train/ferry without your passport.
How can I travel in domestic flight?
Passengers must do a web check-in and print out a boarding pass at home. They must also download and print baggage tags/identification numbers to be attached to their luggage. In the initial phase of flights being resumed, only one hand bag and one check-in bag will be allowed per passenger.
What are the documents required to travel in domestic flights?
Documents to Carry
- Valid Passport,
- PAN card issued by the Income Tax department,
- Election Photo Identification Card,
- Valid Driving License,
- Photo identity card issued by the employer, being government and reputed private sector organizations,
- Photo Credit Card,
What are the documents required for domestic flights?
1. Which documents are required for booking a domestic flight?
- Valid passport.
- Election photo identification card.
- Valid driving license.
- PAN card issued by the income tax department.
- Photo identification card by employer.
- Children should carry school identification card.
How can I fly without a passport?
Domestic flights in India FAQs
- Driving License.
- Election Voter Photo Card.
- PAN Card (issued by the Income Tax department)
- Photo Identity cards issued by Government.
- Photo public and reputed Private sector organisations (issued by their employer, government or private organisation)
- Photo Credit Card.
How long do you need in Langkawi?
It’s a small island, so three days is enough to see all the best sights and to enjoy the best beaches and waterfalls. But the chilled out, holiday vibe combined with the incredible surroundings and friendly Malay culture might make you extent your 3 day trip to Langkawi for much, much longer.
Do I need a passport to go to Sarawak?
Immigration. Every person entering Malaysia must possess a valid national Passport or internationally recognised Travel Document valid for travel to Malaysia. Any person not in possession of a Passport or Travel Document that is recognised by the Malaysian Government must obtain a Document in lieu of Passport.