Myanmar has three seasons: the cool, relatively dry northeast monsoon (late October to mid-February), the hot, dry intermonsoonal season (mid-February to mid-May), and the rainy southwest monsoon (mid-May to late October).
Which months are in which seasons in Myanmar?
Myanmar has a tropical climate with three seasons in Myanmar (Burma): hot season (March through April), rainy season (May through October) and the cool season (November- through February).
Which months are summer in Myanmar?
Every season has its own advantages and disadvantages to travel:
- March – May (Summer) The whole country can be hot (especially in the afternoon – around 35 degrees Celsius) so you’re advised to plan sightseeing more in the mornings and evenings. …
- Mid-October – February (Winter) …
- June – mid-October (Green Season)
Does it rain a lot in Myanmar?
Most of Myanmar has a tropical monsoon climate with three seasons: Cool – November to February is warm to hot during the day and the air is relatively dry. Hot – March to May is intensely hot in most of the country. … Rainy – June to October is the monsoon season, with high rainfall.
Is Myanmar a poor country?
The economy of Myanmar has a nominal GDP of USD $76.09 billion in 2019 and an estimated purchasing power adjusted GDP of USD $327.629 billion in 2017 according to World Bank. … This will make Myanmar one of the poorest countries in Southeast Asia.
What is the hottest city in Myanmar?
Bagan – Hot and Dry
The highest temperature is around 49°C (120°F) and the lowest is about 31°C (87°F). There are 28 sunny days and rainfall is about 0.5 inches. Bagan is also hot and dry in April!
What religions are in Myanmar?
Religion in Myanmar
- Buddhism. As much as 90% of the Burmese population practice Buddhism, making it the main religion in Myanmar. …
- Christianity. Christianity is the second largest religion in Myanmar, making up around 8% of the population. …
- Islam. After Christianity, the third-largest religion in Myanmar is Islam.