Yes, it is possible to open a bank account in Malaysia as a non-resident. You just need to provide the necessary paperwork, which as you see, does not require proof of address in Malaysia. If you choose a foreign bank, you can even start the process from abroad.
How can a foreigner open a bank account in Malaysia?
To open an account you will need to bring:
- Valid Passport.
- National Identity Card.
- Valid work permit or working visa in Malaysia (for employment in Malaysia)
- Employment letter (for employment in Malaysia)
- Approval Letter for Malaysia My Second Home program (for MM2H participants)
Can I open a bank account online in Malaysia?
Online banking is possible with all accounts. … In general, opening a bank account in Malaysia should not be a complicated affair.
How can a foreigner open a Maybank account?
Required Primary Documents
- Valid Passport (if IC is produced as a Primary document)
- Valid driving licence.
- Utility bills (e.g. water/electricity/telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account.
- Letter of employment.
- Credit card.
Can a Singaporean open a Malaysian bank account?
If you are a Singaporean you can open a bank account in Malaysia. Go to any Malaysia bank and tell them you want to open a bank account. You would need a Singapore Identity card or passport together with your Malaysia Ringgits.
How much do I need to open a Citibank account in Malaysia?
|Minimum opening balance||RM 20|
|Daily cash withdrawals||Up to RM 10,000 for Citibanking/Citi Priority customers and RM20,000 for Citigold customers|
|Interbank funds transfer (Interbank GIRO)||RM0.10 per transaction Notice: This will be waived (effective 24th March 2015) until further notice.|
Which bank is best in Malaysia?
Top Banks in Malaysia
- The Top Banks in Malaysia Include: Malayan Banking Berhad – Maybank. …
- CIMB Bank. CIMB Bank is the consumer banking unit of the CIMB Group. …
- Public Bank Berhad. Founded in 1966, Public Bank Berhad is one of the largest banks in Malaysia, as well as in Southeast Asia. …
- RHB Bank. …
- OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad.
Can I open online bank account?
Most banks usually have similar procedures, so it is fairly easy to open a Savings Account. Step 1: Get online: Open a Savings Account online through your mobile phone or laptop through InstaAccount. You can initiate the process with just your mobile number, your documents and by filling out a form.
What is the easiest bank account to open online?
1. Choose a Bank or Credit Union with $0 Deposit Req’s
- Barclays Online Savings.
- Discover Online Banking Cashback Debit.
- Credit Unions.
- Wells Fargo Opportunity Checking®
- BBVA Compass Easy Checking.
- Radius Bank Essential Checking.
What documents do you need to open a bank account in Malaysia?
Documents needed to open a bank account in Malaysia
- Resident permit or MM2H visa docs.
- Employment details, such as a letter from the employer or other proof of business activity.
- Photo ID (e.g. passport)
- A minimum deposit which is set by the bank depending on the type of account.
How much does it cost to open a Maybank account?
RM20 is all you need to start earning interest. No service or maintenance charge required. With this account, you get: To earn interest, no matter what your account balance.