Hanoi is ideal for those looking to experience a more traditional lifestyle while Ho Chi Minh City’s urban landscape is best suited for luxury travellers. You can also explore the best of both worlds as domestic flights between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are available on a daily basis.
Is Ho Chi Minh more expensive than Hanoi?
New data confirms Saigon and Hanoi are the two most expensive cities in Vietnam, the former dearer than the latter. According to the Spatial Cost of Living Index compiled by the General Statistics Office (GSO), Saigon was approximately 1.5 percent more expensive to live in than Hanoi in 2018.
Which is the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
The Most Beautiful Towns and Cities in Vietnam
- Hội An. Natural Feature. …
- Mũi Né Natural Feature, Architectural Landmark. …
- Đà Lạt. Natural Feature. …
- Nha Trang. Natural Feature, Architectural Landmark. …
- Cần Thơ Natural Feature. …
- Vũng Tàu. Architectural Landmark, Natural Feature. …
- Châu Đốc. Architectural Landmark. …
- Bắc Hà
What is the best district to stay in Vietnam?
Pham Ngu Lao (District 1) is known as ‘backpacker district’ and is the best place to stay for tourists. It is also one of the best budget areas in Ho Chi Minh.
When should I avoid Vietnam?
Oct-Dec are warm, sunny months in the north; from March it is unbearably hot. May, June and September are the best times to visit Vietnam to avoid the crowds.
Is Hanoi safe at night?
In Hanoi, serious crimes against tourists are extremely rare, but it’s pertinent to exercise some caution. While it’s generally safe to walk around the streets of the Old Quarter at night, it’s best to avoid the darker lanes after around 10pm.
Is it better to fly into Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?
Which is the best place to fly – Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh? If you want to fly into Vietnam with the most affordable tickets, then Ho Chi Minh should be your first choice. Most of the travelers fly to this region because apart from flights being cheaper, Ho Chi Minh provides a softer landing as compared to Hanoi.
Is Hanoi beautiful?
Hanoi, the capital of beautiful Vietnam for thousand years, is always attractive for tourists by its magnificent ancient features and wondrous tranquility.
Is $100 a lot in Vietnam?
people there live with greater income than living in other areas, 100 dollars seems a bit lower to them, like high-low. Random fact: Many people in Vietnam live with 100$ as their salary. A healthy meal in Vietnam costs around 200.000 to 300.000 VND, if we make a calculation, 2.300.
What you should not do in Vietnam?
8 Things Not To Do In Vietnam
- #1: Unaware of Vietnamese Table Manners.
- #2: Unacceptable Public Behaviors In Vietnam.
- #3: Unaware Of Religions.
- #4: Disrespect To National Heros.
- #5: Cross The Street Without Paying Attention.
- #6: Neglect Your Personal Belongings While On The Streets.
- #7: Get On A Random Taxi or Motorbike.