Can you teach in Thailand without a degree?
The short answer is yes, you can teach in Thailand without a degree. Over the years I have met numerous teachers, many who have been teaching for 10, 15 and even 20 years in Thailand without a degree. And they have no trouble staying employed.
What documents do you need to teach English in Thailand?
To obtain a teaching license you will need:
- Your passport with the Non-Immigrant B Visa affixed.
- Passport photos.
- Thai work permit.
- Original copy of your bachelor’s degree.
- University transcripts.
- Certified criminal background check.
How do I get a teaching job in Thailand?
How to Find a Teaching Job in Thailand
- Check all Sources. There are several websites dedicated to finding ESL jobs all over the world, as well as www.ajarn.com, which specifically lists teaching jobs in Thailand. …
- Dress Smartly for Interviews. …
- Be Punctual. …
- Prepare a Sample Lesson. …
- Sell Yourself. …
Do you need tefl to teach in Thailand?
Can I teach English in Thailand without a TEFL certificate? Yes! Teaching English in Thailand without a TEFL certificate is possible, since, legally speaking, you’re not required to hold one. However, while getting TEFL certified does come at an additional cost, it is highly recommended that you get one anyways.
How much do you get paid teaching English in Thailand?
How Much Money Can You Make Teaching English in Thailand? Most new teachers in Thailand find a job that pays around $1,000 a month, which should be enough to cover your basic living expenses, especially outside of the larger cities like Bangkok.
What jobs can foreigners do in Thailand?
12. Potential Jobs for Foreigners in Thailand
- Teach in Thailand. Let’s start with the obvious. …
- Real Estate Jobs. …
- Work as a Diving Instructor. …
- Become a Freelance Writer. …
- Sell a Gig On Fiver.com. …
- Working for a Multinational Company. …
- Get a Job at an Embassy or with The UN. …
- Become an International Development Worker.
How can I teach English in Thailand without a degree?
According to the Thai Ministry of Education rules for foreign teachers in Thailand, you don’t technically need a TEFL certificate to teach in Thailand. It won’t be contravening the law to teach without one. However, to be offered work, you should have at least an onsite TEFL or CELTA certificate.
Is Thailand open to English teachers?
English Teacher Qualifications in Thailand
A bachelor’s degree in any discipline is required to legally teach in Thailand — though you can still find jobs or schools willing to work around this if you don’t have a degree. … Thai schools also prefer native English speakers.
How much is the salary of Filipino teachers in Thailand?
Known for their adaptability, excellent work ethics, and tolerance for low salaries, Filipinos are becoming in demand in Thailand as teachers. Teachers are paid between 18 thousand to 50 thousand baht, depending on the qualifications.
What is a good salary in Thailand?
A typical salary of 35000฿ is a comfortable wage for Thais where the average salary in Bangkok is 25000฿ a month but low compared to Western countries coming in at just over $1000 a month.
How much are teachers paid in Thailand?
Conservatively, a typical first-time English teacher in Thailand can expect to make 30,000 – 35,000 Thai Baht (approximately $850 – $1000 USD) and many are able to make more.