The Philippines is also home to world-renowned natural wonders like an underground river and rice terraces, incredible diving spots rich in biodiversity, colorful public transportation, unique cuisine, vibrant festivals that showcase its colorful culture, and friendly locals regarded as some of the happiest in the …
What is the most interesting thing about the Philippines?
14 Fun Facts About The Philippines
- The islands were dubbed “the Philippines” after King Philip II of Spain.
- The rice terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. …
- The Puerto Princesa Subterranean River in Palawan is 8.2 kilometers long.
Are Filipinos friendly?
Filipinos are basically a friendly people, even to strangers. They are not xenophobic but are in fact willing to learn new things about other peoples and their cultures. … Filipinos are always friendly with strangers or newcomers. They want the newcomer to feel at home or part of the group.
What should I avoid in the Philippines?
Q: What should I avoid in the Philippines?
- Don’t insult the country or its people.
- Don’t disrespect your elders.
- Don’t use first names to address someone older.
- Don’t show much of your valuable things in public.
- Don’t get offended too easily.
- Don’t go without prior research.
What are 5 interesting facts about the Philippines?
1: The Philippines is the world’s largest exporter of coconuts. 2: Three of the 10 largest shopping malls in the world are found in the Philippines. They are SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, and SM Mall of Asia. 3:The national symbol of the Philippines is the Philippine Eagle.
Which is better Boracay or Palawan?
Although both the destinations are good options for solo travelers. Boracay attracts more tourists than Palawan, so there are loads of opportunities to make new friends. On the other hand, in Palawan, it’s easy to find less crowded beaches where you can spend some time alone in the serenity this place has to offer.