What is the role of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency?
The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) is responsible for efficient law enforcement of all provisions on any dangerous drugs and/or precursors and essential chemicals.
What are the functions and responsibilities of PDEA pursuant to Section 84 of RA 9165?
– The PDEA shall take charge and have custody of all dangerous drugs, plant sources of dangerous drugs, controlled precursors and essential chemicals, as well as instruments/paraphernalia and/or laboratory equipment so confiscated, seized and/or surrendered, for proper disposition in the following manner: 1) The …
What is the importance of RA 9165?
– It is the policy of the State to safeguard the integrity of its territory and the well-being of its citizenry particularly the youth, from the harmful effects of dangerous drugs on their physical and mental well-being, and to defend the same against acts or omissions detrimental to their development and preservation.
What is the role of NBI in the implementation of the Dangerous drugs Act of 2002?
9165 otherwise known as “Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Acts of 2002”. “The NBI through its Director, Atty. … 10, 2017, directing “NBI, PNP or any and all anti-illegal drugs task force to yield to the PDEA as the sole agency in the conduct of operations of all those who are involved in, or connected to illegal drugs.”
What are the roles of Dangerous drug Board and PDEA?
9165, the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) is the policy-making and strategy-formulating body in the planning and formulation of policies and programs on drug prevention and control. WHEREAS, R.A. … WHEREAS, the PDEA, as the lead agency tasked to enforce R.A.
What are the duties and responsibilities of PDEA?
As the lead Agency in the enforcement of the anti-drug law, the PDEA:
- Suppresses the supply of dangerous drugs;
- Implements Dangerous Drugs Board policies;
- Controls and regulates the legitimate use of dangerous drug and controlled precursors and essential chemicals;
How much is the salary of PDEA agent?
PDEA Agent Salary
It is an entry-level position with a Salary Grade 11 or about ₱ 20,754 based on the Salary Standardization Law of 2015.
What is the Dangerous drugs report all about?
Answer: The Dangerous Drugs Board is an inter-agency body that discusses and creates policy regarding the control and suppression of drug use and trade in the Philippines.
What is Republic Act 8484?
In the Philippines, Republic Act 8484 or the Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998 was enacted in 1998 to protect the rights and define the liabilities of parties in commercial transactions using access devices, by regulating the issuance and use of access devices which include any card, plate, code, account number, …
What is the penalty of RA 9165?
9165, the maximum penalty is life imprisonment and a fine of P500,000 to P10 million. It is imposed on serious offenses, including possession, importation, manufacture, and distribution. The lightest penalty is a prison term of one year and one day to six years, plus a fine of P10,000 to P50,000.