How many murders in Thailand per year?
|Murder rate||3,307 Ranked 5th.|
|Murder rate per million people||49.67 Ranked 8th. 18% more than United States|
|Rapes||4,636 Ranked 9th.|
|Rapes per million people||69.82 Ranked 26th.|
Is Thailand dangerous for tourists?
In general, Thailand is a safe country for travelers
In fact, Thailand is rated as the least dangerous country in Southeast Asia for travelers. There is a history of social unrest and violent conflicts in parts of the country, but crimes in tourist areas are rare.
Why Thailand is dangerous place?
THAILAND HAS been ranked as one of the 20 most dangerous countries in the world for tourists, with high rates of crime and violence and low reliability of police services, according to a recent survey. … The violence that flared in Thailand’s deep South in early 2004 took more than 6,800 lives.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
Top 10 things to avoid in Thailand
- Swim at the southern Andaman beaches in the low season. …
- Hire a motorbike. …
- Go to tiger or animal shows. …
- Go to zoos. …
- Ride an elephant. …
- Get in a taxi or tuk tuk before negotiating your fare. …
- Sign contracts without advice from a qualified Thai lawyer. …
- Get in an argument with Thai police.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.