How can I spend a day in Jakarta?
- Eat breakfast in Kemang.
- Learn about Indonesia at the National Monument and National Museum.
- Eat lunch in Menteng.
- Visit Indonesia’s houses of worship.
- Explore Jakarta’s Chinatown.
- Visit Jakarta’s Old Town.
- Shop traditional-inspired products.
- Enjoy Jakarta’s nightlife.
How many days do you need in Jakarta?
A: Jakarta though an interesting and complex city, it does not really take many days to explore what typically tourist would like to see. I would suggest generally 3-4 days to cover most of the interesting sights and things to do, while also give in time for commuting thanks to the traffic.
What is the most popular weekend destination from Jakarta?
1. Bogor and Puncak Highlands (from USD 174.0) Bogor probably is one of the most convenient cities for a weekend getaway from Jakarta, as it is only 60 to 70 km (37 to 43 mi) away. If you’re familiar with the train timetable, you can actually go for your weekend adventure to Bogor by train in under one hour’s time.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
Although Jakarta is mostly Muslim, female travellers are not required to use any kind of head or body covering beyond the same modesty they’d show in most major world cities. Casual wear, shorts to the knee, short-sleeve shirts (singlets excepted), sandals etc are all fine during the day. …
What is Jakarta known for?
Jakarta is a city that is famous for its malls but the biggest of these is Taman Anggrek Mall in the west of the city. Locals claim that some 10,000 people visit the mall every day and you will find a vast array of shops here that are suitable for all tastes and budgets.
Why is Jakarta so popular?
Jakarta is known to have some of the best city nightlife in Asia, and there is a great party atmosphere here. As most tourists head to other islands and cities throughout Indonesia, there are hardly any foreigners, and you will find Jakartans are very friendly and welcoming.
What is the best time to visit Jakarta?
The best time to visit Jakarta is from June to September when the weather is pleasant with a fair possibility of rainfall. Being a subtropical region, the weather in Jakarta is warm and humid throughout the year. There are two major seasons in Jakarta – Dry Season (May – September) and Wet Season (October to April).
Is Indonesia cheap to travel?
In general, outside of the popular tourist destinations, Indonesia is a very inexpensive country, and budget deals can be had in these places as well with a little searching.