If you are a foreigner or not a resident of Singapore, then you can still open a bank account without any trouble. … To open a bank account as a foreigner in Singapore you’ll need: Proof of Identity (Passport or ID card) Proof of Address (Utility bills, etc.)
Can a non Singaporean open a bank account in Singapore?
There’s no legal reason why you can’t open a bank account in Singapore as a visitor, student or holding a Dependent pass. … UOB state that they consider applications from foreigners who are not working or studying in Singapore, as long as you can attend a branch in person to provide documents.
Can I open a bank account as a foreigner?
A foreigner can open a bank account in the US. Most small banks only allow US citizens and permanent residents to open up bank accounts. … However, larger banks such as US Bank, TD Bank, Bank of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo will allow non-residents to set up a checking account and a savings account.
How can I open a bank account in Singapore?
What documents are required for account opening?
- Identification Document. Provide front and back of NRIC.
- Proof of Residential Address* Provide the latest copy (within last 3 months) of any of the items below: Local utility bill. Local telecommunication bill. Local bank statement/credit card statement.
How much do I need to open a bank account in Singapore?
Compare a range of banks accounts in Singapore
|Name||Monthly fee||Minimum Initial Deposit|
|HSBC Everyday Global Account (EGA)||S$0||S$2,000|
|CIMB Foreign Currency Current Account||S$1||S$1,000|
|OCBC Basic current account||S$0||S$1,000|
How can a foreigner open a bank account in Singapore?
Generally, the following is needed to open a corporate bank account in Singapore:
- a resolution by company’s board of directors.
- copy of the company’s certificate of incorporation.
- copy of the company’s business profile.
- copy of company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
Can I open a bank account in Singapore online?
You don’t need to make a minimum deposit to open this account either. However, you will need to visit a branch in person – you can’t apply online.
What is the easiest bank account to open online?
1. Choose a Bank or Credit Union with $0 Deposit Req’s
- Barclays Online Savings.
- Discover Online Banking Cashback Debit.
- Credit Unions.
- Wells Fargo Opportunity Checking®
- BBVA Compass Easy Checking.
- Radius Bank Essential Checking.
Can a 16 year old open a bank account without parents in Singapore?
What is the minimum age to open a bank account in Singapore. One can open a time deposit or current account in Singapore at the age of 18 years old. However , you may also open a savings account at the age of 15 years. Parents or kids guardians are also allowed to open accounts on behalf of those aged below 18.
Can foreigner open OCBC bank account in Singapore?
OCBC asks that foreigners bring either a EP/S-Pass employment pass/work permit or student pass and passport to one of their local branches to initiate opening an account. … You are required to visit any of their Singapore branches personally with your Passport for the account opening.