1) Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2) Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand. 3) As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
Which dogs are banned in Thailand?
Banned breeds in Thailand are:
- American Staffordshire Terrier.
- Pit Bull breeds that include American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
How do I move my dog to Thailand?
Bringing Pets to Thailand
Pet transport to Thailand is possible, and it’s best handled with several weeks of preparation. To start, Thai authorities require all animals entering the country to have microchip identification implanted before travel. An inactivated rabies vaccination and certificate are also a must.
Do pets need to quarantine?
Animals including your pet dog may require quarantine when entering some countries in an attempt to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. … This usually includes having a rabies vaccine and a rabies titre test, but also often a quarantine period.
Is Bangkok dog friendly?
You wouldn’t call Bangkok a pet-friendly city. But the city is developing a more welcoming attitude towards domesticated animals—cafés, shopping malls, and even staycation-perfect hotels across the city are now allowing fur parents to bring their canine and feline babies. …
How much does it cost to fly a dog internationally?
“Depending on where you’re going and the size of your dog, it can cost you a pretty penny,” Huntington says. “On the cheap side, it will run you around $800–$900, but it can go all the way to numbers like $7,000. It is very expensive to fly pets internationally.”
How do I export my dog from Thailand?
Bringing Pets out of Thailand with Passengers
- Passengers must submit an application for an export permit and take their pets for a health check at the AQS no more than 3 days prior to the date of departure.
- The passengers present the documents in item 1 above and their pets at the AQS.
Do they kill dogs in Thailand?
The eating of dogs and cats in Thailand is ILLEGAL. This law was brought about by the lobbying of the Soi Dog Foundation based in Phuket, Thailand.
Are pit bulls allowed in Thailand?
Remarks: 1) Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2) Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand. 3) As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
Is it legal to own a monkey in Thailand?
A provision in Thai law permitted individuals to possess as many as two primates or other wild animais of the same species – « a potential pair to promote breeding » – even though their capture and sale was prohibited.