Primary exports include semiconductors and electronic products, transport equipment, garments, copper products, petroleum products, coconut oil, and fruits. Major trading partners include Japan, China, the United States, Singapore, South Korea, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, Germany, Taiwan, and Thailand.
What does Philippines trade with other countries?
- Japan: US$9.9 billion (15.5% of total Filipino exports)
- United States: $9.7 billion (15.2%)
- China: $9.6 billion (15.1%)
- Hong Kong: $9.1 billion (14.2%)
- Singapore: $3.8 billion (5.9%)
- Thailand: $2.9 billion (4.5%)
- South Korea: $2.5 billion (4%)
- Germany: $2.4 billion (3.7%)
What are the top exports of the Philippines?
Searchable List of Philippines’ Most Valuable Export Products
|Rank||Philippines’ Export Product||Change|
|2||Computers, optical readers||-28.8%|
|3||Computer parts, accessories||+55.9%|
What goods are imported from Philippines?
Philippines major imports are: electronic products (25 percent), mineral fuels (21 percent) and transport equipment (10 percent). Philippines’s main import partners are: China (13 percent), the United States (11 percent), Japan (8 percent) and Taiwan (8 percent).
What is the biggest export country for the Philippines?
Philippines top 5 Export and Import partners
|Exporter||Trade (US$ Mil)||Partner share(%)|
Who is Philippines largest trading partner?
The EU is the Philippines’ fourth largest trading partner, accounting for the 8.4% of the country’s total trade in 2020 (after China, the US and Japan).
What is the main product of the Philippines?
The Philippines’ major agricultural products include rice, coconuts, corn, sugarcane, bananas, pineapples, and mangoes.
Is Philippines a third world country?
The Philippines is historically a Third World country and currently a developing country. The GDP per capita is low, and the infant mortality rate is high.
Why do Filipinos prefer foreign brands?
In general, Filipinos prefer imported products over the local ones. Yes, it is more expensive, but aside from the price they are convinced that when an item is produced overseas it is better than anything they can buy locally.
What are examples of imports?
What is an import?
- An import is any product that’s produced abroad and then brought into another country. …
- Imports can be finished products, like cars, TV sets, computers, or sneakers, or they can be raw materials, such as zinc, oil, wood, or grains. …
- Imports are a vital part of the U.S. and global economy.