Other strengths include science and engineering graduates, as well as knowledge diffusion, productivity growth, high-tech manufacturing and ICT service exports. The report cited the country’s weakness in institutions, as shown in terms of political stability and safety, as well as ease of starting a business.
What are the strengths and weaknesses of Philippine Science and Technology?
What are the strengths and weaknesses of philippine science and technology research and development?
- Lack of equipment that can assist the scientist to reach their full potential.
- Budget are not enough to buy materials for experiments.
What are the weaknesses of Philippine Science and Technology?
S&T in the Philippines: inputs and outputs
- Lack of coordination of research work.
- Shortage of research funds.
- Shortage of manpower and qualified teachers.
- Lack of science consciousness.
What are the major achievements of science and technology in the Philippines?
PHL Science dept bares 5 major achievements in 2017
- R&D assistance. De la Peña said the DOST assisted more than 1,000 Research and Development (R&D) projects all over the country, with 65 percent already completed. …
- Assistance to MSMEs. …
- Assistance to start-ups. …
- Human-resource development. …
- Additional radars.
What are the strengths of science and technology?
The advantages of Science and Technology are:
- It will make our life easier.
- It helps us organize our daily activities.
- This helps our work can be done faster.
- It helps us to communicate more easily with others.
- This helps us to better know and understand other cultures and societies.
How did the developments in S &T shape human history?
Technology has completely changed the way humans live, and therefore has shaped human history. Telephones, the Internet, and engines allow people and goods to move from place to place much quicker, and we can communicate around the world instantly.
What is the role of science and technology in the Philippines?
Science and technology in the Philippines describes scientific and technological progress made by the Philippines and analyses related policy issues. The main agency responsible for managing science and technology (S&T) is the Department of Science and Technology (DOST).
Who are the Filipino scientists and their contributions?
List of National Scientists of the Philippines
|Name||Year Conferred||Field of Specialization|
|1. Juan S. Salcedo, Jr., M.D. (+)||1978||Nutrition and Public Health|
|2. Alfredo C. Santos, Dr.phil. (+)||1978||Physical Chemistry|
|3. Gregorio Y. Zara, D.Sc. (+)||1978||Engineering and Inventions|
|4. Fe Del Mundo, M.D. (+)||1980||Pediatrics|
How did science and technology begin in the Philippines?
During the Spanish Regime The beginnings of modern science and technology in the Philippines can be traced to the Spanish regime. The Spaniards established schools, hospitals and started scientific research and these had important consequences for the rise of the country’s professions.
What are the problems in the Philippines today?
Poverty, lack of education, drug or substance abuse, vice, crime and unemployment are among the many problems that continue to batter them. Likewis:e, recent issues on the rising number of street children in urban centers, child abuse, forced-labor and pedophilia are quite alarming, aggravating the plight of the youth.
What are the science related issues in the Philippines?
The Philippines faces multiple global and local challenges which require science, technology and innovation.
- the intensifying competition from globalization and regional integration;
- natural disasters, environmental degradation and climate change;
- and persistent poverty and increasing inequality.