The Vietnamese culture is one of the oldest in Southeast Asia and is heavily influenced by the Chinese culture. … Despite the changes over the years, some elements of the Vietnamese culture like the veneration of the ancestors, respect for family values, devotion to study, etc., remained intact.
What are Vietnamese cultural values?
Traditional cultural values of Vietnam include: patriotism, self-reliance will, solidarity, kindness, tolerance, affection, studiousness, hard work, opti- mism. These values not only play a great role in sur- vival but also affirm the intense vitality of the nation in the past, present and future.
How would you describe Vietnamese people?
The Vietnamese has been described as energetic, sentimental, pragmatic, entrepreneurial, proud, industrious and hardworking. As is true with the Chinese, their natural tendencies often seem to fly in the face of what is expected of good Communists. Vietnamese are very friendly, easy-going and have an easy smile.
What is the traditional of Vietnam?
In popular Vietnamese culture, the animistic folk religions were melded with, rather than supplanted by religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism or Christianism. … In Vietnam, animism is more significant among ethnic communities in the highlands.
How do you show respect in Vietnamese culture?
Meeting and Greeting
- The Vietnamese generally shake hands both when greeting and when saying good-bye. Shake with both hands, and bow your head slightly to show respect. …
- When greeting someone, say “xin chao” (seen chow) + given name + title.
What are 3 facts about Vietnam?
15 Interesting, Unusual and Fun Facts About Vietnam
- Fact 1: Snow in a tropical country. …
- Fact 2: Largest cave in the world. …
- Fact 3: Facts about the Vietnamese language. …
- Fact 4: Teachers are highly respected. …
- Fact 5: Ho Chi Minh’s embalmed body on display. …
- Fact 6: Incredible diversity of Vietnamese ethnic groups.
What are typical Vietnamese features?
Characteristics of Vietnamese People
In general, the Vietnamese people are friendly and hospitable to each other. Besides, most Vietnamese people are modest. … In this situation, they usually refuse praise and pass it to other people’s merits. In addition, self-respect is also another typical Vietnamese characteristic.