Rediscover Brunei Darussalam through the eyes of the People
What's the story behind "Shiiz Candies"?
It is a husband and wife company, which we always wanted to start. Our vision is to be a one stop place/diner for anyone who wants a taste of the other side of the world, particularly the USA. We are more focused on this region as it has a lot to offer and that it is quite unique and can easily be accepted by our local tongue.
Who are we? For the most part I am the front man (Hafiiz Ar) of the business and not only do I do the initial cooking, my skill sets varies to the marketing and designing for the ads and other area of the business as well, and as for my wife Sajidah Abdullah, other than being the baker for Shiiz Candies, she has brought her calculative skills to the financial side of the business and see where/how we can further develop business.
A lot of people thought that the word "Shiiz" came for an abbreviation of our name, but in actual fact it came from Snoop Dogg (the rapper) way of describing certain things or action as "The Best" for example "Them hot wings are tha Shiiznit!" ... I decided to drop the "nit" but still keep the original word as a guidance to what we want to achieve, which is to be "The Best".
What motivated you to launch Shiiz Candies?
Like most things in life, family support is important, and with that in April 2012 my wife and I decided to start an online business, we started of selling cupcakes and sweet treats to family and friends and slowly build our customer base, through their continuous support and constructive criticism we moved forward positively.
And when I was in States for a two week trip, I had an epiphany while I was immersing myself with some Hot Buffalo Wings from Zaxby's. I said to myself "If cupcakes could be sold online, why not wings?" then I started to examine how they made these intensely flavourful wings, you could say I was studying every single bite! So as soon as I got back to Brunei, I made the decision with my wife, that we would change the business and that I am certain that this will work! Somehow I convinced her that this will change up the market and again that motivated us.
What are three lessons you have learnt so far from your entrepreneurial journey?
1) Be humble and be nice - Show great interest in everyone and take in every word they say, and the real secret is never look down at anyone that you meet as we are all human being and we are the greatest asset. Treat others as you wish to be treated and you will succeed in life.
2) Have a positive attitude and be professional - I believe in the law of attraction and that to have positive attitude, energy, thoughts and action...these shape up and reflect the outcome of what we do.
3) Appreciation and gratitude - it is very important to be thankful for all that has happened.
What are your three top sellers?
1) Hotlanta Wings "Brunei's Premier Hot Wings" with only three signature sauces and two of which are originally named Sissy and Bloody Spicy Wings. Furthermore, this is where we start the niche of selling Hot Wings online and we are thankful and humbled by it as it has emerge as a trend-setter, it is so popular that a few other vendors made the jump to sell similar Hot Wings on FB and IG and with that we can only hope a lot more will join in. we are looking forward to what everyone has to offer in a positive way.
2) Hotlanta Cheesesteaks "Brunei's #1 Cheesesteaks" which similarly come in three sauces - Sissy, Bloody spicy and Mushroom. This is an original Shiiz Candies spin-off of the "Philly cheesesteaks" (which is by the way, a must for everyone to have if they visit the States!)
3) Maine Shrimp Roll - This is a very different and again a niche, as this is more of a gourmet type of sandwich. It is fresh shrimp laid between hot buttered buns.
Press Release: The new Peugeot 208 5-Doors Launching on 4th May 2013
The Peugeot 208 is an award winning car with awards like ‘Best Supermini’ at the UK’s Auto Express New Car Awards 2012, Italy’s ‘AUTO EUROPA 2013’ award, ‘Best Car of the Year 2013’ in Spain and the small car category in the Continental Irish Car of the Year 2013 awards. Additionally, the new 208’s 7-inch interactive HD touch screen has been won the ‘Comfort Innovation of the Year’ award in Germany’s Automotive Interiors Expo in 2012. So with its accolades, there’s no doubt the new Peugeot 208 doesn’t come short when it comes to accomplishments and top honours.
Available in either a 3-door or 5-door variant, the All New 208’s design evokes agility, modernism and refinement. As of February 2013, 300,000 units were produced after its production debut only last year. Having launched the 3-door last month, the 5-door variant is expected to make its debut in the second quarter of the year in Brunei.
Notable differences between the 3-door and 5-door variants are the rims, floating front grille, and self-evident side profile. The 5-doors wear 16” ‘Helium’ wheels while the 3-doors carry 17” ‘Oxygen’ rims. The Cielo Panoramic Glass Roof with ambient lighting as well as the bodykits comes as optional on both variants.
The new Peugeot 208 has been designed to offer more intuitiveness, more sensations and more stimulation, which encourages the body to fully express itself. Hence, the high-impact, global and evocative slogan “Let Your Body Drive”.
In conjunction of the launching of the Peugeot 208 VTi, a dancing competition was held on the Peugeot Brunei facebook fanpage from the beginning of this month. Interested participants had to submit their video entry themed “Let Your Body Drive” to the Peugeot Kiarong Showroom, or email it to the designated email for review and upload. From there, the public can vote for their favourite entry, and the top 5 videos with the most ‘Likes’ were shortlisted.
The closing date for video submission was officially closed last Saturday and the top 5 participants were announced; namely The Last Minute Crew, B-Boy Street Life Crew, A.S.O.D, Fiz Damit and Dr. Trix. One lucky voter who voted for their favourite video entry also won a prize, drawn from more than a thousand voters by the Marketing Executive, Mr Lim Kai Wei.
Local studios, Groove Studio and Studioscene, were invited to be the guest judges. They along with the finalists will then be invited to attend the launching of the Peugeot 208 5-doors this Saturday night, 4th May 2013, at the Peugeot Kiarong Showroom. Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 winners where the top prize is $500 in cash prize.
Besides the prize presentation and anticipated launching of the award-winning 5-doors variant, there will also be a lucky draw in which guests will be able to win an Apple iPhone 5.
To find out more about the latest offerings / promotions of Peugeot models by T.C.Y. Motors, call 2426969 or visit the Peugeot showroom in Kiarong or KB branch. ‘Like’ Peugeot Brunei on facebook.com/PeugeotBru for the latest updates, news and events. You can also follow Peugeot Brunei on Instagram at @PeugeotBrunei.
His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah at a recent press conference responding to questions about the South China sea, the ASEAN Economic Community and the Brunei Chairmanship.
Page 31 of 126